Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Saturday, January 2, 2016

One piece at a time...

I drafted this post MONTHS ago, and am finally posting it...
Wow, I kept thinking I would come back to this blog, but somehow the longer I waited the harder that has become.  I want to share this project though in more than just a photo, so here I am.  I still have some finishing work to do on this apron, but it is almost there. I started it a little over a year ago after coming home from my first ever art retreat.  I just began cutting and stitching some random pieces of fabric onto the white apron I had purchased for the trip.  Like most new art adventures I started with no real know-how or end goal, but I just wanted to sew something.  I was so unsure of how to finish and got bored, so I put it away for a long while.  I recently pulled it out and began to work on it and quickly felt like I knew where I wanted it to end up.  I really like how it is turning out...so much so that I had to make a couple more aprons to paint in because I can't bear the thought of wrecking this one!  Sewing or making anything with my hands always helps me to clear my thoughts and ease my troubled mind. One day my faith will be made sight and my hope realized and then only love will remain...forever.  I am so looking forward to that day.  Until then, I will be faithful to the One who has redeemed me and I will continue to try and make my little corner of the world a peaceful and more beautiful place on creative project at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment