Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Monday, December 30, 2013

Some projects as of late...

 These are some of the girls that have shown up around here while I have been getting my room together....I am liking a few of them, but a couple will hopefully find a new home soon.

I also wanted to share my Christmas stocking project.  I have wanted a girl one for a while now and have been collecting the stuff to make one...so I finally decided to go for it (the day after Christmas).  We are going to do a family gift exchange on NewYear's Day here since my son has been gone over the Christmas holiday so it works out fine.  I have a little more hand stitching to do on this, but it is pretty much as complete as I want it for now.  I thought I may add more next year, but I am mostly happy with it.  If you are a seamstress...don't look too closely because I am not!  I just dive in and do things the hard way, the wrong way, but if I don't just go for it I will never do anything new!  I learned a lot and could make another one much more pristine...but where is the fun in that?

I have really been learning how impatient I am AND how perfectionism can get a grasp on me so I can fluctuate wildly between the two.  It is my desire and prayer to just be more even keeled and enjoy the day, the process and even the imperfections.  We all know that perfect is a lie anyway, right?

That's all for today, and I already have my post done for tomorrow with my room reveal (sort of) to finish out 2013.  It has been a fast and full year for my family and I am hoping for a blessed new year that is at least a tad bit less transitional!


No comments:

Post a Comment