Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Moving day

The last of our household goods all crated up to be put on the slow boat to Tennessee!  I will not see it again until September.  There has been so much to do, but also so much limbo that I can honestly say I am relieved to see it go.  After these guys left, we went to the post library to print and scan yet another offer for a home (I am optimistic that this is THE one)!  For one reason or another we have had 3 unsuccessful contracts and several inquiries that have went bust.  We then  packed our tiny Ford Focus to the brim with the 3 of us, the dog and all our baggage (to include her kennel).  We had quite the drama trying to find a hotel for our last days on island that would accept our dog, but thought we had that all taken care of.  Instead, we pulled into a section of Waikiki that I have never seen before (for a reason) and my heart sank and my stomach started turning.  The lobby didn't yield much better and by the time we went up to our room I was in full dread mode.  I tried to rally and find something positive to say about the room and reassure myself that it would be fine...meanwhile we could hear a very loud ruckus going on outside the window because a man was getting arrested and was protesting profusely in very colorful language.  My wonderful husband marched us back down to the lobby and we were able to get a full refund and start over.  This is peak season and most hotels are full to the brim, but we were able to find accommodations in a MUCH, MUCH nicer hotel and even ended up with a 3 bedroom suite for our first couple of nights.  This place is huge and the check in clerk was wonderful.  A long day ended on a great note and I am very very thankful to God for His unfailing love, kindness and mercy.  It is not our competence or planning but His grace that ALWAYS sustains us.  I have my craft suitcase and I am going to bust it out tomorrow and will share what comes of it.  Thanks for letting me share a bit of my life with you...as just a sojourner here anxiously awaiting my final home!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Marsha! Your adventure has started out with a bang, hasn't it? lol Yes, God is good and will guide you every step of the way! I'm still praying, and looking forward to following along!
    You should post a picture of your craft suitcase and what you packed! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was quite an "adventure" wasn't it. Praying that the rest of the time will be uneventful as far as craziness goes but will trust that there will be Divine appointments along the way to keep you on your spiritual toes ;-)
    Blessing to you dear sister!!!!! And big hugs, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're on your way! How exciting, but a bit scary too, I'm sure. Makes you thankful God is in control, right? I'm praying for you all as you travel, buy your home, and settle in. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, I'd be so stressed out... what an "interesting" time you've had... glad you made it outta the scary hotel just fine...safe travels & good luck for the new home!

    ReplyDelete