Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Glue Gun Holder...

I have been looking at hot glue gun holders on eBay for almost a year, and finally convinced my husband to make one for me!  I LOVE it and think mine is way cooler than the ones I was looking at ;0).  Because he took the time to make it just so, I chose to keep the embellishments pretty clean also by using the gorgeous rub on from my stash. He used a piece of wood and spray paint that we had on hand and  I found the perfect size and color cup for the glue sticks at Target for $1--score!  He was able to make this in no time at all by going over to the wood shop on post and so it was a win-win.  He got to "play" with all the cool tools and I got a sweet new accessory for my craft desk.  It also happened to be our 6h anniversary.  We stayed home and grilled steaks and I can't imagine a more perfect way to spend the day with the one I love! It was a cost effective, but JOYFUL day.
I also want to just thank you guys SO MUCH...your comments and care bless me beyond words.  It is a joy and privilege to share little snippets of my art and life with you.  
As I begin to prepare for our retirement move, I plan to seriously clean out my craft room and will offer up some of my stash in the weeks ahead, so be on the lookout if you are interested!  May the Lord bless and keep you :0)

8 comments:

  1. What a sweetie! Love how attentive your dear husband is to your needs. What a great holder, very nicely done. What a blessing! May God continue to keep you in His precious hands and bless your marriage in every way! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so beautiful and functional too!! What teamwork. . .and Happy Anniversary!! So thankful that you could spend it at home TOGETHER! Praying for you as you prepare for retirement! How's that leg and BTW, head on over to my blog. There's a surprise for you, sweet friend! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tool for your glue gun.. I got to make me one of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes! That's definitely the coolest glue gun holder I've ever seen! Love the sweet rub-on you've used! Happy Anniversary to you ...I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it! That's my favorite way to celebrate too! My prayers for you continue!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW cool and of course pretty too. LOVE it! Happy Anniversary to the both of you! Hopefully I get to see you soon?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very Sweet!! Love the holder, design and decoration. Best of all in retirement! Be looking to see the new digs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just saw this on your blog! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete