Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Gelli Fish!

This is a water-color journal that I made for a friend using my new favorite fun tool the Gelli Plate.  I guess mono printing has been around for a long time, but this commercial plate has made it more accessible the crafting masses.  I have not always enjoyed the latest crafting craze as much as I'd hoped, but this little baby is a TON of fun.  This is crazy bright and whimsical ..hopefully my friend will like it.  I think so, since she is a native to Hawaii and loves vivid colors.  She also has creative writing skills, so I am hoping that this will become a fun fictional story book to share with her grand children. I coated the inner pages with gesso and plan to include some water color crayons to use for her illustrations.  She has been a blessing to me during our time here, so I want to bless her.  Thanks for stopping by, and I encourage you to use your gifts  to bless others, enjoy the process and thank God in all things because every good gift comes from Him!

8 comments:

  1. Marsha this is delightful! Your friend will LOVE it and treasure it, I know! This is such a thoughtful gift and I love how it will inspire her to write. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work, Marsha! It's so bright and cheerful and makes me very happy! I'm sure your friend will treasure it!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful!! I love the bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who wouldn't love this beautiful piece of art. So many beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marsha, this is beautiful. The colors are so vibrant and loving the texture. I was reading in a mixed media book the other day on how the author of the book made a gelli plate from unflavored gelatin. I would have to find the recipe again, but it was so neat. So happy to see you're having fun with yours.

    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fun and playful! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete