Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hope


I made this sweet little canvas the other day from a class taken in the fall that I never got around to finishing!  Junelle Jacobsen is super sweet and talented and I always enjoy learning from her.  This project seemed so fitting for me and I love how it fits perfectly into my room decor and into my thought process as I continually reevaluate my source of peace.  It does NOT come from my circumstances, but from the promises of God found in scripture.  I do not walk this out perfectly and have been tried and tested physically this year like never in my life.  I have been tired, weak and even weepy on several occasions, but I have not fainted or faltered for long because of the hope I have in Christ alone.  I am still on the road to recovery from a silly gardening accident...it has really helped me to understand just how quickly things can change.  Speaking of changes, there are many big changes on the horizon for my family in the coming months.  I am not sure how that is going to affect my blog...I have been praying for some time about the direction I would like to take here.  There are many blogs with beautiful art and I know several women who are so gifted at giving an uplifting devotion.  I am just here sharing honestly about my love for God, my family and crafting.  We shall see what the future holds...I do have some small secret dreams for the future, but it is whatever the Lord wills for me.  For now I would like to end by sharing this verse about hope: May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. Romans 15:13


5 comments:

  1. Your canvas is wonderful, Marsha! A beautiful reminder of where your hope comes from! I will pray for you as you face the upcoming changes in your life, and that of your family! I hope to see you continue with your blog. Your posts are always a blessing to me, both artistically and spiritually! Thank you for sharing that beautiful Scripture verse!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Marsha. . .what a beautiful canvas and post. Your love of the the Lord shines forth so brightly through your work and your transparent and from-from-the-heart posts. So much symbolism worked into that one little canvas. . .we do know that hope springs eternal for those who are Christ's, but only because of Christ!! You are in my prayers in the mundane as well as exciting times that the Lord has prepared especially for YOU! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marsha, this canvas is lovely! Your posts always ring true with the Scripture and you are so right, even in the midst of difficult circumstances the peace of God is there. He will never leave nor will He forsake us! Even when we falter, He is ever faithful. God bless you my dear!! That very verse you shared is the one in our bulletin last week that I put in to encourage our fellowship to memorize. To God be the glory!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marsha you always speak from your heart and I just love what you spoke today! Beautiful devotion and I love your canvas also. I hope you continue as I love looking at what you have done, but may God's will be done in your life and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marsha your canvas is full of love and beauty, as are you my friend. Praying for full recovery from your wounded flesh and growing depth of your faith in Christ. You are a blessing.

    ReplyDelete