Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Emmanuel




I am super excited to share the first of 10 ornaments that I am making for a Christ-honoring tree this year!  I bought the cheapest frames I could find to alter for this project and I am so happy with how the first one came out!  Can't wait to finish them up so that we can reflect on the magnificent incarnation of Christ this  year and as many more as the Lord allows!  I have gone through a couple of years of struggling with how to celebrate this season in the RIGHT spirit and have made some mis-steps along the way in trying to avoid the sensationalism that this holiday can bring.  I really feel at peace this year and full of joy to celebrate what truly is a joyous occasion!

I was also tremendously blessed by your responses to my last post...and have sent the canvas to my friend Christy who was the reason I got started on this whole crafty journey to begin with!. 

I  would love to give away another canvas...if there is an interest.  This is my sweet little Christmas angel who is singing about the GOOD NEWS that God has come to earth in the flesh for the redemption of men!  I am so longing to join in that heavenly choir to sing His praises....are you?
At any rate, if you would like to receive her as a gift, please let me know in the comments :0)



                                                       Gloria in excelsis Deo!

6 comments:

  1. Hello, my friend!
    I love the name "Christ-honoring tree"! What a beautiful ornament you have created for it!
    Yes!! That choir is going to be something else, isn't it? That's exactly how I think of heaven...with my Dad already there singing praises to our God!
    Your Christmas Angel canvas is so beautiful! Of course I'd love it! lol Thank you so much for your generosity in gifting it to someone!
    A JOYOUS and BLESSED Christmas season to you!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, I want to make an angel too, I love yours! It's so pretty. Love the background blues. Beautiful!!! I have a couple of friends that come to mind that I would love to give one. Just don't think I have time before Christmas but it certainly has given me some inspiration for next years Christmas celebration with the Ladies Ministry! Blessings to you dear sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your angel!! (And that she's not svelte with floor length locks of gold, but that's she content with how the Lord made her and is not focused at all on herself, but on the One in whom she has the privilege of announcing and adoring in songs of praise and worship! You are such a blessing. . .hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blondie here, again. . .forget to tell you that your altered frame ornament is lovely. . .and can't wait to see the complete set and decorated tree . . .I share your dilemma and am thankful for a gracious and merciful Lord, who transforms our minds and helps us in our journey to honor Him! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your angel. And it has my favorite carol's words! Please put my name in hat for this one. Do you have a photo of your complete tree? Please post pic when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Marsha, I have been so busy I missed so much. I love your ornament and also love your angel. Who would not love to have it. You do fabulous work and I can't wait to do my first piece. Maybe one of these days. Merry Christmas dear friend.

    ReplyDelete