Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Quirky Bee Girl

This is a project I made for yet another class while I wait for my love to come home.  This is my version of a bumble bee girl, but instead of a Halloween costume, I had in mind the little bumble bee girl from an old video/song called no rain.  When I saw Christy Tomlinson's bee girl I immediately thought of that old song.  Maybe it appealed to me because I have always felt a bit out of place.  I WAS the chubby girl in a dance costume with all my skinny friends as a girl and as a woman still find myself constantly kind of on the outskirts of what so many seem to naturally excel at.  The older I get the more I think that my son may have gotten his Asperger's from ME!  At any rate, the one place I fit perfectly well is in my home with my immediate family.  I am very content with that....and REALLY look forward to my husband's return which I am hoping and praying will be on time and soon!  My world is just better when he is a part of it.

3 comments:

  1. This is an adorable piece of art! Hugs to you and praying for you during this time of waiting. May you find the Lord's comfort and may you rest in His peace. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marsha I love this and have been looking at a lot of Christy's videos as I am wanting to try some of this art for Christmas presents for my granddaughter's rooms. Something they can keep and cherish. Praying for you and your husband during this time apart and also praying for his return to be prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bee so sweet!! I know what you mean and I think that there are more people than you might realize who feel just as you do (me included). We see the outside of others, but what is going on inside is often so different and we know that only the Lord truly sees our hearts. We come into the world alienated from God AND from each other. Only in Christ are we reconciled to God and one another. . .and I didn't intend a sermon! Still, my dear sister, you are cherished and loved!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete