Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Great Exchange

 This is a current journal age I wanted to share.  As with all things I make, it represents an accumulation of several ideas from classes I have taken, other mixed media art I have seen on Pinterest, and my current reflection on scripture.  I started sketching this woman/girl with the thought that inside every woman resides the heart of a girl...for better or worse. I read a really sad blog post this morning about an incest survivor...but what was more sad were the responses that were well meaning but so man centered that there is no real hope in that kind of empathy.  I know very well what it is like to have a battered and bruised heart...and I also know the great sin that emitted from it.  No matter if you heart was well tended or cruelly taken advantage of,  it is still in need of fixing.  By our very nature, we ALL need a heart transplant and cannot rely on the nature we were born with...but  the good news is that we don't have to!   There has been a great exchange made on our behalf...when we respond to the gospel and put our trust in Christ alone.  That makes my heart leap for joy each and every time I consider it...this truth transcends all the sorrows and trials that come each and every day from living in a world so marred by sin.  It enables me to forgive as I have been forgiven and marvel at the amazing love of God the father who has put His righteous anger on Christ on my behalf.  RC Sproul has a short and beautiful narration of this if you'd like to take a listen...here

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous artwork with such thoughtful inspiration put into it. Thankful to see God move so mightily in you and through you.

    "being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;"
    Philippians 1:6

    God bless you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marsha, what a beautiful post today..God bless you..
    And your journal is beautiful also :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this Marsha, and your description that goes with it. Thank you for sharing your art, thoughts and heart. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. She speaks. . .truth. Beautiful journal and beautiful post. So thankful for our Lord and that by His stripes we are healed. Stone dead hearts now alive; deaf ears opened to hear the voice of our Savior; blind eyes see and lame limbs leap for joy!! You are a blessing, dear friend! Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete