Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Inner beauty....

This little canvas was done over several times and  has seen a lot of manipulation...like it was only 50 cents on clearance, but I was determined to salvage it.  I spent a lot more money on the wasted paint and embellishments, but that is the way my mind works sometimes.  I refuse to give up or settle for something that just doesn't look right to me.  As I literally ripped off the front of round 3 of this little piece of art I began to change direction completely in where this project was going.  The base for this finished piece started with a scrap of computer paper that had sprays and ink on it from another project I am working on.  Taking off the old undesirable work was necessary to make way for the new start using that piece of paper that was more representative of my current work which I am more pleased with.  Once I had that base down, the layering and painting started taking a new direction.  I really had no intention of putting a girl on this canvas until the background was completed and was so busy and colorful...then the words were already typed and cut out in a loose stash that just happened to be on my desk.  It pretty much just came together over the course of a couple of days while I was struggling to make anything presentable even as I struggle to feel that way about myself.  Well,  the bottom line is this I am happy with the final outcome and I am reminded of all that God has done and is continuing to do in me.  I do not feel very beautiful these days in any capacity....but that is when I must walk by faith and not by sight.  The beauty within me is not of my own making....it is the finished work of the cross--my faith in Christ alone. Praise God that I am dead to my old life and that He is faithful to continue to work on me for my good and His glory. 
  I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the lifewhich I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. 
Galatians 2:20

7 comments:

  1. Amen and AMEN!
    Beautiful canvas and "insight" to how God the Father sees us, through the eyes of His precious Son! The beauty within comes from Him. Blessings and thanks for your prayers... I went...with a changed heart and attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful dear Marsha, just like you, as the light of Christ shines so brightly from you! What a sweet, sweet blessing it is to know that He who began a good work in us WILL carry it to the day of completion! Prayers continue that He might strengthen and sustain you!! You are such a blessing!! Hugs, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Marsha! Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The words on this project and your post are really uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Marsha! Wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete