Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Ongoing change...

This is an art journal page that I did and finally used up these gorgeous butterfly stickers that I have been hoarding!!  I got them on clearance and was saving them for just the right project...and this is it!  I have been very guilty of thinking that somehow if I just get through "this" situation or overcome "this"hurdle that life will be better, easier, etc.  The truth is that there will always be areas of my own heart that need addressing and the pressures of life just keep coming in different ways as I age.  It is my prayer that I would embrace these changes as good even when they hurt and even when I thought I had already learned "that" lesson there is more room for growth! There is no shortcut to maturity...and I am grateful to God that He does not allow me to be too comfortable for too long and continually is at work in me in transforming me more and more into His likeness! 

4 comments:

  1. No truer words spoken my dear! I'm so thankful for the grace of God. Every lesson has a purpose and that purpose is always for our good and to make us more like our precious Savior. To God be all the glory.
    A beautiful art journal page, those colors are so calming, absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing so much from your heart. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Marsha and you're so right. There will always be something new to learn every single day and He's always right there with us to guide us along. If we allow Him to. I enjoyed talking with you last week. I hope you're having a great day!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! We keep waiting and yet this is the life He intends for us, that we would be made more like our precious Lord and Savior! He has given you much wisdom, dear sister and I'm so thankful for you, for your transparency and for speaking the truth. . .through His abiding love, we are being perfected: each trial and hurdle reveals the sin that still dwells within our changed hearts, and that we would easily ignore, if not for His grace! Love you art journal page and the butterflies that are so free and beautiful. . and released little by little, day by day. . .blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a treasure, Marsha. You aren't afraid to share from the heart and that really blesses me. I too have to be reminded by God from time to time to "count it all joy" when I'm going through life's trials. I'm so thankful that God doesn't give up on me. :) He keeps perfecting me and making me more like Him.

    Your art journal page is so gorgeous. I love the quote, the colors, and the beautiful butterflies and the significance of using butterflies.

    Blessings,
    Shelly xx

    ReplyDelete