Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

His workmanship

This was an art journal page I made last week after just total frustration with  several projects that ended up in the trash.  My tendency to throw away what I don't like has not served me so well in my own faith journey.  I want to walk a careful line here between the necessary command to die to self, and to live unto God still as distinct person from anyone else. God's grace is SO amazing that He loved me while I was yet a sinner.  I am so grateful for that redeeming work through His son and do not depend on any of my own righteousness before a Holy God because that would be foolish.  That does not mean however, that I abandon all of the unique characteristics that I was specifically given by God.  He delights in diversity and is always at work taking those unique traits, gifts and abilities to use for His glory.  Delighting in God does involve understanding the sanctity AND uniqueness of each life...including mine.  I am fearfully and wonderfully made! The church body requires many different members to make up its whole.  Being humble means to have a sober assessment of what I am and what I am not...and to daily submit myself through repentance and faith also to be discipled by His word that is effective to transform me to bear more of Christ's image in that process.  This focus also helps in bearing with the other members in love who are just as imperfect and just as forgiven as I am!

1 John 4:10,Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 12:1-3, Psalms 139:14, Ephesians 4:2, Colossians 3:13, Ephesians 2:10

2 comments:

  1. Amen! So well worded, Marsha!
    Love the artwork. You did a fabulous job on the hair and the facial structure. I love the little butterfly in the hair, too. (reminded me of the transformation we go through) What a blessing and equally a blessing is knowing that we are fearfully and wonderfully made. To God be the glory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Natalie Marsha and give this an Amen! I love the look of this image you put on your page. The hair the skin, all look beautiful! You really are great at this and use it for the glory of God. Can't imagine you throwing away any of your art.

    ReplyDelete