Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Monday, May 7, 2012

His rest....

This canvas is obviously a result of the influence of my recent class with a huge emphasis on spring...and Junelle's love of lambs.  I got a lot of texture in this piece using paper for my flowers and layering them, by using the frayed pieces of burlap from my former project for the nest and adding gems for dew on the flowers and for my little birdie's "treasures" in her nest.  You will have to take the class to find out about the sheep {not my technique to share ;0)} Also, because I unexpectedly now have 50 followers (ok my husband doesn't count), but anyhoo....I would like to celebrate by doing a give away.   I will put something together and post later this week....may consider including this piece if that seems like something anyone would be interested in.  On a more serious note...I have been thinking quite a bit lately about how the Lord so faithfully provides for His children.  There is great peace, comfort and rest in really KNOWING that regardless of what the circumstances of life may bring in any given moment or season for that matter.  Thanks for stopping in and I hope that you are finding REST in God through Christ today.

6 comments:

  1. This is so very sweet and encouraging. . the little lambs at rest in the green pasture and the bird in the tree singing happily amid the blooms of spring (and promises that fruit will follow) knowing they are cared for by their heavenly father!
    Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Mat 6:26

    Thank you for this encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love the scene you created. Beautiful tree with the flowers and those sheep are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marsha, this is so sweet! Love the touch of purple (it looks purple on my screen) in the flowers and all the texture give such visual interest! The restful sheep of course are a perfect sight and a perfect example of being at rest and peace in Christ. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love it Marsha! Saw it on your facebook page yesterday but did not have time to come and make a comment here. Beautifully done. Guess I will have to think on taking the class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, Marsha! The scene you created is beautiful. I adore all of the texture. This is a timely post for me as God is dealing with me in the past two days about resting in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I happened upon the blog hop as I'm hoping to take this class once I finish the 3 I'm already taking. LOL I love this piece with the flowers, the texture and the sheep. Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete