Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Covered by Grace

Good morning crafty friends!  This is a canvas that I made yesterday...going to send it to my DH in Afghanistan.  I thought the vibrant colors would help cheer him up and are very reminiscent of the landscape here in Hawaii.  Three flowers represent our immediate family and that we are covered by grace even in the most difficult of circumstances.
Now....this is a perfect example of something that I do NOT love the end result.  I overworked the background and did not finish with the clean result I had in mind so I added a lot of white to help offset that.  It is what it is and I will just embrace it as a part of the learning curve!!  Besides,  he will love it 'cause he is just encouraging like that.  I fully intend to revisit this concept and try to improve upon it, but for today I will walk in the grace that I am painting about and accept my skill level while still striving for more!! 
PS--I still want to do a give a way and will be posting about that very soon!

7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Beautiful colors. Your husband will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marsha, this is beautiful. I really am drawn to the background colors, love the combination and then the pop of red! Gorgeous! I like your attitude about the whole process: GRACE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Marsha...and I'm sure Chip will too! We're always too critical of our own work but I know what you mean about not turning out how you originally envisioned it! It's gorgeous!

    {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. . .even if you don't it exudes grace and the lovely white dandelion poofs in the background add a touch of lightness but also evoke the feeling of grace falling down like rain. . .to quote a song. This is really a beautiful work of art! Chip will love and cherish it, as he does you!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow the red really pops out, very nice. he will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marsha, this is beautiful! I'm loving your art journals as well! Wow! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this, absolutely gorgeous!!
    ~JenMarie Taylor ~ {ippity} Chick

    ReplyDelete