Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Canvas and Candy!

This canvas started out as a journal page...but my flowers got really fat so I decided to put them on a canvas instead.  I used fabric, button, seam binding and pearl accents to make these. I finished the canvas with these dimensional butterflies and this fun banner from studio calico that I added stamped letters to.  This idea of growing in grace has just gripped me...just like these colors that keep showing up.  Oh well, I am just going with it until I find a new groove I suppose :0).  This is now hanging on my wall over my craft table to remind me that the Lord is doing just that...growing me in the grace and knowledge of Christ so that I might bear more fruit.  I can see the blossoms as the beginning of this work and even though I have a long way to go, I am thankful for how far he has brought me already!
NOW to the more fun stuf.....I finally have a bag-o-goodies to give away!

This includes everything (except decoupage or staz-on) that you need to do a mixed media piece of your own!  Since my blog started as more of a stamping venue, I know many of you are new to mixed media and wanted to give you a taste of how fun it can be!
I have included a small canvas,  new stamp and paint set, some texture stamps and pieces, old book paper, decorative tissue paper, some embellishments and some of my favorite texture elements.  I am thinking that I have a paper hoarding problem and will go through and give up several pieces of cute patterned paper to put in the bag as well.
I really enjoy this, so I wanted to share that with someone else who may not try it on their own.  If that's you, then leave a comment and I'll be happy to select a winner in a few days and send this out right away so you can get messy and make some art with me!
There are no strings attached...but I will enter your name twice if you would share with me what you like most OR least about my blog so that I know how and where I can improve it.  Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Love this!! Your "fat" (full of grace, of course!) flowers and their bright "faces" looking to the Son and springing forth in new life and vibrancy surrounded by the butterflies encouraging them to press on!! Sweet, dear sister! You are so gifted

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ! {Hugs} :D (hit the publish button too soon!) Press on sweet Marsha, He will carry to completion the work He has begun. I think of the apostle Paul near the end of his life calling himself the chief of sinners. . .the more He cleanses and sanctifies, the more clearly we see how sinful we are, and yet it makes our Lord Jesus Christ all the more precious and beloved! You are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the grace theme. It's exactly what He is growing in us to extend to others. Your cute fatty flowers are fabulous. (try saying this 3X Fabulous fatty flower, not easy!) anyway... your canvas is sweet, as I said I love the theme of grace. If it weren't for the grace of Jesus Christ where would we be? To God be the glory!
    I'm ready to get messy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the dimension on this canvas, Marsha. It's gorgeous! I also like the fact that you're able to "go with the flow" with your art. That shows growth in your art and I'm sure reflects growth in Christ too.

      There isn't anything I dislike about your blog. The thing I like most about your blog is that you share spiritual things along with sharing your art. I know I'm going to receive a blessing when I visit here. Your blog candy is wonderful. I'd love to try mixed media. Thank you for a chance to win.

      Blessings,
      Shelly xx

      Delete
  5. Hello! Just popping in to say ‘hi’ and to let you know that your candy has been added to my Blog Candy Cauldron linky. If you could let me know when your candy expires, I can add this information in the Linky tool

    Lovely candy, lovely blog and beautiful canvas!

    Best wishes
    Asia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your canvas is darling. You are so very creative!!! Your bag of goodies looks so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I haven't tried mixed media yet so I'd love to have such a start pack:)

    In your blog I like the layout and that you have your own blog logo. It looks professional. (I have to make one for my own;)) On the other hand I find the font quite hard to follow and read your posts. When I do, my eyes get tired. Font has a quite opposite style to your blog layout which is so clear in colors and shapes.

    But I'm a newbie in a blog world:) And you have a lot of experience which is really visible from the moment you enter your site:) Happy blogging and crafting! Keep going cause your work is awesome:D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and maybe the number of posts you can see at once. Sometimes people just want to scroll and see the pictures and here they can't do it easily:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, better:D It still has a sketchy touch, but this one is really, really nice:D I'm honoured to help:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful canvas! Such an appropriate piece of art for that saying, Marsha.
    I actually think your blog is nice, clean, easy to read and navigate. Just my
    opinion, but I do like it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way your canvas turned out. It's beautiful. I'm new to your blog. I like that it is easy to read. I'd love to see more of your work, and yes where would we all be without the grace of Jesus?

    Blessings
    Babe
    youiesmom@att.net

    ReplyDelete