Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

altered art journal

This is a thrift store book that I painted with black gesso and embellished to use as my art journal for the new class I am taking.  This is very sparkly in real life....but my camera battery was dead earlier today when I had natural light, so it doesn't show here. I have torn out some pages, glued the rest together in clumps of 3 the primed them with white gesso so that they will be ready to go when I get creative!   There is journaling homework with this class that I need to do first....so I guess the messy play will have to wait until I discipline myself to do the writing.   I tend to be introspective most of the time, but I am hoping that if I take the time to put some thoughts on paper it will help me make sense of them or help me to see how crazy they really are!  Either way I am looking forward to making some fun art this summer. 

3 comments:

  1. This is stunning! Love the colors on the black, stands out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the black background, everything just looks more colorful and vivid! Beautifully done, Marsha! Very pretty, looking forward to seeing the new projects from your class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this notebook and you did a fabulous job! Hope you enjoy your class. I am still thinking on doing a class!

    ReplyDelete