Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Spring (?) Tree....

This is my version of a spring blessings tree from my current class.  Junelle has these slender delicate fingers in her videos and her projects reflect that gentle touch....mine always end of kinda loud and bold (like me) even when I am following closely!!  It has its own blessings and drawbacks, but it is what it is and I am learning to embrace it.  At any rate I think the colors turned out vivid and happy which is a good thing for me...reflective of the constant color palette here in Hawaii.  The really cool thing is that I did an image transfer and color wash on the middle of the page and it ended up looking like some BG papers from my stash that I had been looking through recently.  Happy accident!  There is plenty of room left on the page for journaling and giving thanks to God for the many blessings in this time and place of life.  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Look how pretty your journal is!! This reminds me of the Magnolia tree next door. So glad to read that you are embracing the woman God has created you to be! It's difficult sometimes to not look at our "neighbor" and want to be just like them. I'm still trying to find me in this "crafty" world but I am learning to just rest in Him and enjoy the process!! To God be all the glory! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marsha Love your Spring page. I've not yet done this page.Love the colorful leafy branches. Now I'm all inspired to start on this lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I haven't seen Junelle's page at all...there is no comparison on my part. Just as there should be no comparison on your part! Your pages are beautiful and unique, just like you! Spring here still looks like bare branches and brown! lol Some areas even got snow last night! I like your Spring much better! :o)

    ReplyDelete