Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Rooted in Love...

Ephesians 3:11-19 is a powerful prayer for the spiritual strength of the believer.  "rooted and established in love" is where my mind started out when doing this piece.  As I began working on it though I really started thinking about the love of many people in my life big and small. There have been those who have loved me well, loved me long and even when I didn't deserve it.  Those are the people and experiences that it is easy to be thankful for.  I have been thinking more lately about the people who have been hurtful in my life...on a whole new level.  What if what they had to offer was truly the best they had to give?  They gave it and I am grateful for it.  Even the things that have seemed so painful have been a gift from God to help me see that it is only in the light of His perfect love for me that I can love others and accept their imperfect love back.  My greatest joy is that "family" in the most real sense means all those who have also put their faith and trust in Christ alone. When I truly count those along the way and through the years that have encouraged me in the faith, have been used to sharpen me, and have just passed through with an encouragement at the right time....I have a beautiful family that will last eternally.   That truth fills my heart to overflowing and I pray that it will pour out generously on those put in my path for His glory and their good! 

5 comments:

  1. You blog looks sooooo cute!!!!!!!

    Love the words you've shared and oh my what truth you have written. So often we don't even realize until after much time has passed that some people just do not know how to love or perhaps they show their love in ways which are foreign to us. Nevertheless, it's all they know and to be able to get to that place and extend grace and agape truly reveals Christ-like character. Blessings to you dear sister!! BTW, your art work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just fabulous!!! I love everything about it and your written words- wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just lovely! Wonderful colors and details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marcia, beautiful as always dear friend and I love what you have written here! Just so you know that you have blessed my life so much and I am thankful that God put us in a place to get to know a little about each other. Blessings to you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marsha, this is beautiful and thank you for sharing your heart on this. I hope you're doing well. Hugs to you my friend.

    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete