Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Paradise for one....?

This is a mixed media piece that I turned into a card to send Chip in Afghanistan in his next box.  I started out with water color--my least comfortable medium so I had to mix it up with some of my other techniques to salvage it!  This is my version of a familiar scene here in beautiful Hawaii.  Even "paradise" is so much better when I am WITH the one I love!  Want to keep the nest in good order and let him know that while I am capable of doing just that...he is still invaluable to me!  There are layers of mediums and meaning that are personal to us in this peice of "art".   I know he will enjoy it and I hope you did to, so thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Such a cool piece, Marsha. Your husband will cherish it! Love your placement of the stenciled deep blue colors, the shoreline, your "lonesome" dove, it looks fabulous all around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful card Marsha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Marsha! You've created a beautiful card! I'm here to do some "catching up"! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you captured the beachy feel!....your artwork is gorgeous Marsha! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  5. he's going to love it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beauty Marsha and expresses your new talent so well!

    ReplyDelete