Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Many facets of one heart.....

This was the first page of a journal I started for another workshop by Christy Tomlinson--She had 3 hearts.  It is the most technique packed workshop I have taken and really worthwhile in helping sort through how to use all the different paint/ink/chalk mediums.  It has also really made me reflect on how much of myself is only shared in tiny glimpses here and there.  This blog is my way to share my love of crafting which is not something that I have a commonality with those in my day to day life.  I appreciate this venue and those of you who have participated with me in that.  Even though this course is about what we share with whom and how that may be different, I want ONE thing to remain consistent and that is that I share my love for Christ because of His love for me at Calvary with EVERYONE I meet.  The gift of grace that is available to all who repent and put their faith in Christ alone is the most important part of me that I can share anywhere at any time.  It is the legacy that I most desire to leave no matter how good or bad my crafting may be. The lyrics to this song really capture my heart's convicion:


I don't mind if you've got something nice to say about me
And I enjoy an accolade like the rest
And you could take my picture and hang it in a gallery
Of all the who's-who's and so-and-so's
That used to be the best at such and such,
It wouldn't matter much.

I won't lie, it feels alright to see your name in lights,
We all need an 'Atta boy' or 'Atta girl'
But in the end I'd like to hang my hat on more besides
The temporary trappings of this world.

I want to leave a legacy,
How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love?
Did I point to you enough?
To make a mark on things
I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace
Who blessed your name unapologetically
And leave that kind of legacy.

I don't have to look too far or too long awhile
To make a lengthy list of all that I enjoy
It's an accumulating trinket and a treasure pile
Where moth and rust, thieves and such
Will soon enough destroy.

I want to leave a legacy'
Not well-traveled, not well-read
Not well-to-do, or well-bred.
Just want to hear instead,
Well done, good and faithful one';

I want to leave a legacy

5 comments:

  1. Amen! So well put, Marsha and I agree 100%.

    I hope to take one of Christy Tomlinson's workshops in the future. Which workshop do you think is best to start out with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking of taking one of Christy's workshop. Have you taken any other classes of hers? I can see that so many techniques being added to this page. Love your girl too.
    Found your blog through junelle's class' facebook community.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beauty Marsha and loving your facebook shares! You are so talented and could probably give classes yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that song! Great words and your art work is fabulous. I agree with Jonia, it looks like you could probably teach some classes. I wish I had more time, I'd love to take an online class with Christy, I sure like her style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful words! I'm finding this at the end of all those fabulous posts instead of the beginning. However, your love for the Lord is evident in every one of your art posts! There is a JOY in your work that can only come from knowing Him! :o)

    ReplyDelete