Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bright, fun and messy!

How's this for bright??  The black backdrop makes for a dramatic piece..that I overworked big time, but hey that's what it is for today.  My dh gets annoyed when I trash the things I don't think turn out like I wanted, so with him in mind I embrace my final product messy as it is.  You should see my hands!!  That's what's really so great about this...taking a block of wood and playing in paint....takes me back to going to my grandmother's house and playing in the dirt with found objects from the kitchen. My cousin and I would get so filthy that we had to be hosed off in the yard before being let back in the house!!  Don't think I am going to the hose today, but I must go and scrub these hands before driving my car!  Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you do something today that gets your hands messy and your heart full :0)

7 comments:

  1. How fun. . and where's that picture of your "dirty" hands? This is so bright and cheerful. . glad you didn't trash it as it will make a lovely gift. Have you thought about selling them? They're just precious! Hugs and prayers, dear sister and friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet. Marsha your artwork is so fun! So glad you're enjoying the process and that it's bringing back some fun memories! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this looks awesome. Those colors look so vibrant against the black.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your block art Marsha. The colors are so bright and the black background is just gorgeous.
    Getting messy is all the fun about this class right? I love all the lessons of this class that I've done till now. still more to finish.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is great, Marsha! I love to work on a black background...it always makes the bright colors pop so beautifully!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marsha I am with your husband! What you think doesn't make it is just beautiful to me! I call this a Wow, not a mess! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really, really like this project. I love your bird and the red looks amazing! Nice colors!

    ReplyDelete