Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Block art...


Actually a 2X4 that I had cut up...for FREE.  Sometimes I admit I get frustrated by the lack of readily available supplies here and the shipping is redonkulous....a major factor in where I shop online let me tell ya.  At any rate, I stopped in the local hardware store for a couple of items.  My disappointment over no drywall paper tape (with the cool holes in it), was soon rewarded with the pleasant surprise of a very helpful employee who took interest in what I was looking for and proceeded to find a remnant of a 2x4 that was scrap and sweet talked one of the lumber yard guys into cutting it for me put it in a box and gave it to me nada.  Yippee....then when I got home I realized that they should have been like an inch bigger.  Oh well, good things come in small packages right??  I had fun making this and have a whole box of more blocks to play with this summer if I don't get the nerve to go back and ask for bigger ones first ;0). 

3 comments:

  1. Marsha, these are so stinkin' cute!! You rock on these "she art" projects! Love 'em!!! The size reminds me of some of the Christmas blocks I did years ago. My dh's woodshop is filled with scrap lumber...hmmmmmm.... what do you put down as a base coat? Would Gesso work??? Let me know, I have some new stamps I want to play with!! I'm inspired, too bad I have to work tomorrow night to fill in for my boss at a crop, hmmmm maybe I could play there too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness, absolutely FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just the sweetest little piece of art EVER!! Thanks so much for sharing what you do, Marsha! I sure do appreciate seeing it!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete