Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Tropical She Art...

This is another she art girl I made recently...I haven't decided what she is thinking yet hence the lack of words.  I would say that she has embraced the tropical heat because she has a much nicer tan than I do lol!  At any rate, I loved Hawaii the last time I lived here, and in part I think that was due to the modern convenience of central air.  I am very happy to say that I get to once again experience the blessing of a door I can lock and an controlled environment because we are going to move onto base housing.  My husband is Army, but it is the Air Force that came through for us....and they are even going to move us.  That is a HUGE blessing...and relief.  We had submitted paperwork to retire, just being tired and weary and desiring more of a community.  Well, God has other plans for us as my darling husband will be deploying instead.  I shall miss him, but because we are able to transition and settled into a community prior to his leaving, the weight of that has lightened considerably.  He has had multiple eye surgeries to get him into a stable condition for deployment and praise the Lord, so far so good.  He has another one Friday and we are optimistic that it will go smoothly as well.  All in all, once I stopped trying to run away from a difficult fit for me here, the Lord has provided new friendships, Bible study and fellowship and now a chance to start over in a new home more suited to my clean-centric personality.  He is so good and much better to me than I deserve! In reference to my previous post, I confess that I sometimes doubt this to my conviction.   This life of following Christ can be challenging and should cost everything....nothing held back or too tightly.  In the process of letting go and trusting God there is great joy and excitement to see what is next--the surrendered life is anything but dull! 

6 comments:

  1. Marsha, I love your post and you hit the nail on the head. It is hard but once we except that God works in His timing and not ours and even at times moves us without notice, we can have the peace and joy you spoke of. I think your she art girl is perfect without words as she is content in whatever happens because she trust in God!!!! Blessings to you Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart, Marsha!! God is so good. That saying "let go and let God" is so true. Once we surrender completely to Him and learn what He wants us to learn (being content in whatever state...)He blesses us in so many ways! Don't get too comfortable though, the next lesson is just around the corner!! God bless!!!
    Your tropical look suits you! {{hugs}} So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree with Jan, content. What a beautiful place to be. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THIS!! I just found out I have missed a couple of posts! I read this one and found I had to go back further! Oh, the lessons we learn and how we learn them, right? I love your line "there is great joy and excitement to see what is next"! YES!! That is it right there! That is why we can wake up with excitement even though we are in great pain! That is why we can be happy in the midst of trials! That is why the JOY of the Lord is our STRENGTH! When we have Jesus we live a life of total ANTICIPATION because something very exciting is about to happen! I LOVE IT! Can you tell it excites me? lol...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tropical feel of your she art. It's fabulous. I hope you'll share again when you decide what she's thinking.

    It's thrilling to see God's plan unfolding in your life. Hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete