Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Out of step, but in His grip!

This she art canvas was the result of at least 3 do-overs...I lost count (made her several weeks back).  I had the time, but wasn't in the best of moods, but wanted to to "work" so I kept starting over.  Different day new layer, I mean the paint on this piece is thick!  Even in this final version, my gal has some serious fashion issues-ha! Have you ever worked hard on something or found great joy in  discovering new truth or been excited over a bargain find only to find that you are the only one who sees it that way?  Feeling just one step out of pace in my surroundings would probably sum up the last couple of years for me.  Maybe that is why I made her dress look like a bad 80's throwback....or maybe I just have bad taste!!  Either way I like her just the way she is flaws and all....praise God He loves me that way too. I am also deeply blessed by the love of a devoted husband and son--who knew I was having a tough day yesterday and held my hand to pray for me.  I tear up even as I type that--what joy he brings his mama's heart.  Sometimes it is good not to fit in because THAT is better than any kind of worldly affirmation and I would take that any day of the week over external success.  It is a good reminder for me to keep living coram deo--before the face of God.  Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Marsha!...Nancy :o)
    (I can do short comments too! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post, today and what immediately came to mind was God's grace. Those layers are God's grace!! It's because of God's mercy and His grace (and love, too!) that He keeps working on us!! Praise the Lord! God bless you, Marsha! Big {{hugs}} to you dear sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's beautiful. . .she's not being conformed, she's being transformed. . praying that today is a better day, but rejoicing in the Lord's provision of these dear men of God who love you so!! Hugs, my dear friend!! (P.S. Ditto what Natalie said!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is beautiful Marsha and so is your heart.

    Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so thankful that no matter what is going on in my life or in the world around me I'm in His grip. This is another gorgeous canvas. If it says you're fashion sense is bad then I'm happy to be in that place along with you, because I love this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marsha you so blessed to allow your art to speak to you the way you do. You have a wonderful and dear family and this art is beautiful girl! Keep moving on!

    ReplyDelete