Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Grateful

This is a "she art" girl that I made several weeks ago as I was working through my conviction over having such an impossible time adjusting to the house we live in.  Being able to feel at home wherever I live has always been a priority for me...much in part because my home was shattered at 12 and at 17 I left for good.  I have always overcompensated by trying to make my surroundings "cozy" The last time I counted I think it was like 30 moves since then due to just life going on, so it was not as if I am a stranger to change.  Still, I have not been able to accomplish that here.  In addition to the many restrictions on what I could do to personalize this space, it is also very open to the elements (and critters of all sorts) and as such truly impossible to clean to my standard.  Lets just say that I was not even remotely graceful in my attempts to cope with that.  I was finally really convicted that I was not trusting God in His sovereignty and that my discontent was truly sinful.  As I sincerely repented, I began to see some of what He had been working out in me all along....and as is always the case for me He has provided for me more than I even hoped or asked (future post).  Why oh why at this stage of life do I struggle so?  His good and pleasing perfect will is ALWAYS for my good and His glory. Soooo....I am grateful for many things in my life and not the least of which is for all of my internet friends who have been such a bright spot of sunshine during this time. I am rejoicing in the forgiveness and peace that comes from repentance.
 Repent ye therefore, and turn again, that your sins may be blotted out, that so there may come seasons of refreshing from the presence of the Lord; Acts 3:19

8 comments:

  1. I REALLY like this piece of "she art" -- the collaging and colours are perfect, as are the womans face and hair! (I struggle with drawing/painting both.) And I can so relate to your desire to make your living quarters "homey." I never thought of it in terms of my growing-up years, but as my experiences are similar to yours, I can totally make the connection now. Thanks for sharing your growth :)

    Thank you also for your kind words on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First thought upon seeing your canvas: "IT'S MARSHA!!!" I love this. . .and I so appreciate your post. We look back and wonder about Israel longing for Egypt and how could they, after all the Lord was providing and had promised. . .so thankful for His mercies!! And, thankful for you, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS Marsha!! I love her hairdo and the colors you used are wonderful!! Epiphanies are welcome treasures in life--especially when they involve God's perfect plan for us. His way is always better. You're so open and verbal with your inner strugglings--what a wonderful testimony that can be though and your witness to the fact that God's plan is not to harm you, but to prosper you and is only for your good. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog today!!

    ♥Sing Your Heartsong today ♥
    ~ Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marsha! What a testimony you have to share! God is so faithful and I love you are finding that rest and contentment in Him by being "grateful" What a joyful post, thank you! Love your she-art!! Super cute, just like you!!! {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Both the art and you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your she art and your testimony that goes with it, Marsha. Doesn't it feel wonderful to rest in the Lord once you have repented? I wrestled with learning to accept living in a warm climate when I moved from the north to the south. God had to convict me that my attitude about the heat here was down right sinful. Now I actually adore the heat. :)

    I especially like the curly hair on your she art. So pretty! Your canvases are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marsha what a beautiful piece of art! Your she art fits you perfectly with this post. You are such a blessing to me and you open up your heart which is what we all should do. Blessing Marsha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marsha, your She Art girl is beautiful. I can relate to making a house your home and feeling settled. I am pressing through a similar situation. Thank you for sharing your heart and how the Lord convicted you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete