Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

2 diy projects and a Psalm to share

A wordy post and bad photo (sorry--my camera is not cooperating and this was with my phone)....I made this little stand over Christmas from a pinterest inspiration.  I bought the three tins at the dollar store and two wooden candle sticks from the craft store.  ANOTHER example of what I assumed to be a simple project turned engineering experiment for DH.   Lets just say that after he got involved this could hold a rock collection without wobbling...there is plywood circles reinforcing the bottoms that I then covered with felt.  He is funny, but oh so handy ;0).  It is sitting on the DIY project that I completed without his help for once!  Another cute idea from pinterest to make a mini ironing board from a folding wooden tray.  I may paint the legs, but for now I am happy that it was for once quick and easy and I am happy with the results!  We are prepping for a move so no time in the craft room, but I will try to post some of the furniture projects we have been working on recently. We have four projects in varying stages of completion...I am VERY excited about one of them and can't wait until it is finished and I can share :0).  See this dark wood wall...my new place is BRIGHT and I have liberty to paint, nail and decorate so I will also be posting my new craft digs once they are complete (I am very excited about that)!  I am much more excited to share that I have seen God at work in so many ways this week...I am just overwhelmed at His amazing sovereignty and timing working all things together for His glory and refining me along the way.  He is SO GOOD!  I want to leave you with this thought...He IS glorified already, we just have the awesome privilege of declaring that.

Psalm 29

Ascribe to the LORD Glory
    A Psalm of David. 1 Ascribe to the LORD, O heavenly beings,
   ascribe to the LORD glory and strength.
2 Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name;
   worship the LORD in the splendor of holiness.
 3 The voice of the LORD is over the waters;
   the God of glory thunders,
   the LORD, over many waters.
4 The voice of the LORD is powerful;
   the voice of the LORD is full of majesty.
 5 The voice of the LORD breaks the cedars;
   the LORD breaks the cedars of Lebanon.
6 He makes Lebanon to skip like a calf,
   and Sirion like a young wild ox.
 7 The voice of the LORD flashes forth flames of fire.
8 The voice of the LORD shakes the wilderness;
   the LORD shakes the wilderness of Kadesh.
 9 The voice of the LORD makes the deer give birth
   and strips the forests bare,
   and in his temple all cry, “Glory!”
 10 The LORD sits enthroned over the flood;
   the LORD sits enthroned as king forever.
11 May the LORD give strength to his people!
   May the LORD bless his people with peace!

  He alone is God and His glory He will not share with another, so I take it to heart when I declare Soli Deo Gloria!   Thanks for letting me share with you today :0)


4 comments:

  1. So true about He is already glorified, love that you shared that. We get the incredible privilege and honor to magnify His name all over the place!! Blessings to you, sweet sister!
    Cute diy project, looking forward in seeing the rest of your projects!

    (Romans 15:4)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun projects and I am so thankful for the Lord's provision for you, sweet Marsha! To Him be ALL of the glory, for ever and ever!! Joining you in praise, worship and rejoicing in the goodness of our God and King!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so super cute Marsha! Love it. ;)

    {sMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marsha, this is really cute and I can't wait to see your furniture and so glad that God is working it all out! Love your message!

    ReplyDelete