Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Trust in the Lord...

Today was the first time in over a week I had the opportunity to sit quietly and play with some paints.  I was determined to make something original and unique to me...one of my main goals for creativity this year.  I painted a basic blue background and began to think about what I could put as my focal image...I decided an attempt at one of my favorite things about Hawaii...the gorgeous and abundant trees.  While I am waiting for my son at school in the afternoons I ogle the beautiful twisting branches and canopy of leaves on the trees lining the school/church grounds.  I am really no artist, but the point of painting or creativity is to express the inward self without so many words.  So...I'll just say that many scriptures were on my mind, but the one I stamped on the background came from Proverbs 3:5,6.  Really no matter what the circumstances of this life may bring, I KNOW that I can trust in the Lord who is good at all times and is orchestrating all things for His glory and my good as I do walk in obedience and faith to His high call.  I am so blessed that my immediate family has intimacy in Him and with one another wherever the road takes us! 

8 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were in Hawaii, Marsha! Hawaii is a beautiful place! Your canvas is also beautiful! The tree and sky are so lovely. Then the contrast of the black birds and the black border, with the Scripture across the page...it's just gorgeous!
    Here's a little quote I'd like to share with you. Usually I share Scripture, but every once in a while something else is appropriate. St Francis of Assisi says:
    "He who works with his hands is a laborer. He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman. He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist."
    So you, Marsha, are an artist! Thank you for sharing!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In agreement with Nancy, you are an artist, dear Marsha! This is just amazing. Love the contrast with the black. . .He can be trusted in ALL things! Lifting you in prayer! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful message and art. Your trees are great! You are blessed with creativity hun.

    I hope you're doing well. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marsha you are blessed with creativity and I just love your style. I am still waiting on a tutorial from you so I can try some of this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Marsha, the fact that you expressed your feelings through this piece of art while you meditated on the Lord. I'm so glad you shared it with us. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are those "banyan trees" that are around Hawaii? Very inspiring... as well as the way you added the words of the scripture fades and re-emerge from your images - adds an extra "ethereal quality" to it... nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful--your art and your feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marsha, I'm loving this art you've been sharing! Can't wait to really try it out too! Love that verse, one of my very favorites to quote (ALL THE TIME!!) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete