Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Friday, January 6, 2012

More than just a hammer....

OK...so this isn't a great photo, but it captures the shiny head of this silly hammer which is the focus of this post.  I decided that I need a hammer in my craft room for a variety of small purposes...have been thinking that for a while actually.  While we were out and about over the holidays I kept my eyes open for a small hammer to suit the bill....well, they were all to big and ugly.  I mean, it needs to be functional, but can't cute also be an option?  I decided that I had a smaller hammer at home that had seen better days, so I would just spruce it up a bit.  I asked my darlin' hubby to clean up the head of it a bit so I could paint it....well he took it to a completely different level.  That crazy man o'mine spent a couple of hours with his dremmel polishing this thing to a high shine.  He then cut off the handle and sanded it so it would be just the right size.  Of course I then had to paint and "bling" it out appropriately to match his efforts...lol.  This seems so silly on the surface...that I would want a "girlie" hammer, but the beauty of it is that the Lord has given me such an awesome husband who would gladly go to these lengths to demonstrate his love for me.  The rest of this story is that this little hammer was in an $8 clearance tool kit that I purchased right after moving out in my divorce.  That little took kit was very handy in my single years and was just one of the many, many ways that God provided for me then and continues to now.  Chip knows me better than anyone and understands all that this represents so much better than I can express in a short blog post.  I hope you enjoy the cute bling, but I will see God's amazing Grace in my life on so many levels every time I look at this transformed hammer!  Thanks for stopping by and I will be posting some of my recent work next week!

9 comments:

  1. Sweet! Reminds me of the passage. . ."We are His workmanship. . ." and what a reminder of the grace of the Lord bringing us through the many trials as He molds (and hammers, at times) us into the image of our Savior! Blessings to you and Chip, the godly man the Lord has provided for YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post! I've got a man like that too. He just goes beyond the need just cuz he loves me! I have to be very careful what I say I like or else I may just find it at home "just because" You hammer is darlin'and I love Jan's comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hammer and the message behind it. Great guy you have there too. I've got a great one myself!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marsha girl, you have totally made my day! Thanks so much for sharing about your hammer....it's too cute and what a man you've got!! Just stopping by to say hi and I miss you! Love and hugs, Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought looking at a cute blinging hammer would remind me of how great Chip is.... haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marsha girl, you are so funny! I have missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I have a "girlie" screwdriver with a floral handle & changeable heads that I love! My hubby got it just for me! Never thought of adding a little "bling" though- great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marsha, I just love your cute hammer and now I have to have one. You have a treasure in that husband of yours and I can see you know that. Beautiful hammer my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marsha, I love your new hammer, and I can appreciate the gratitue you feel for what your husband did for you. My husband is that kind of man who shows his love through acts of service towards me. Thanks for sharing this. Hugs - Abby

    ReplyDelete