Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

HIS purpose....


I was already working on this groovy little birdie  when Cassandra's challenge from Word Art Wednesday hit my reader.  I have been deeply contemplating the joy of the Lord lately....and how that balances with an increasing burden I have for those who have not repented and put their trust in Christ alone.  It is the sovereignty of God that allows my soul to rest even as I pray fervently for those whom I care for to be open to the narrow path of life.  Here is Matthew Henry's commentary on this passage:

  Though the Lord is high, yet he has respect to every lowly, humbled sinner; but the proud and unbelieving will be banished far from his blissful presence. Divine consolations have enough in them to revive us, even when we walk in the midst of troubles. And God will save his own people that they may be revived by the Holy Spirit, the Giver of life and holiness. If we give to God the glory of his mercy, we may take to ourselves the comfort. This confidence will not do away, but quicken prayer. Whatever good there is in us, it is God works in us both to will and to do. The Lord will perfect the salvation of every true believer, and he will never forsake those whom he has created anew in Christ Jesus unto good works.

To God alone be the glory in ALL things!

7 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this sweet birdie! fabulous. xo, e

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this piece!! I love the colours, the arrangement, and especially the birdie! It's beautiful :)

    Paula (new member of WAW DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marsha you are so talented and this is beautiful. After Christmas you have inspired me to try this canvas technique. Thanks for inspiring me and thanks for the message in your post. Our God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your art is wonderful! You are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bold and many colors!


    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty. I enjoyed reading your post as well as looking at your inspired art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen. . .and may our hearts continue to be tender toward those who are lost and may we reach out with the love of Christ so that they will hear. Joining with you in fervent prayer that the Lord would send His Spirit that eyes may be opened and hearts changed for all eternity! P.S. Love your canvas. . it's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete