Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Living Simply....

My first She Art girl!  Christy Tomlinson is not only an excellent teacher, but warm and genuine too.  She has made art completely approachable for me and I think I already saide it, but will again....it has been a gift in my life at this particular time and space.  I find myself with both the time and the means to pursue something that I secretly always wanted to (art), but never had the confidence nor the circumstance for.  So, I am continuing on the theme this week of posting the mixed media canvases that I have recently made and that have not just been fun to create, but have helped me to focus in on just how richly God has blessed me.  Just like the words on my first She Art girl...I am living a simple and uncomplicated life.  Once I let go of my expectations, I have come to cherish that fact and spend a whole lot more of my thought and prayer life just amazed at how good the Lord truly is...not just in my circumstances, but in the work He has and continues to do in my heart.  Forgiving others and myself, embracing the here and now and choosing to see the good in each day is a gift all in and of itself.  Soli Deo Gloria!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautyful girl. Love your canvases! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty canvas and a a beautiful reflection of you. . .and the beauty the Lord has given you that radiates from the inside out! Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marsha you shine on this one!! It's beautiful, love the mixed media. I'm still working on my little 2.5 x 2.5 canvas and not really happy yet. Praying that the Lord will direct my path and my hand! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok -- I've looked at a number of your creations, and I'm really LOVING your work! You're inspiring me to get back in the art room!

    ReplyDelete