Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

How great His love is for us...

 
My canvas is back...I just didn't like my initial post and took the liberty to take it down and start over.  That is really fitting since this canvas was a do-over too!  I started out to make a piece to share at Cassandra's Word Art Wednesday blog and ruined it. I am going to add it this week instead!   I started over and this is where the process took me. Interestingly enough I was contemplating much when doing this project, and when I was preparing to re-post it this scripture comes to mind:  
Lamentations 3:22-23
Because of the LORD’s great love 
we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.
         They are new every morning;        
great is your faithfulness. 
I am so thankful that the Lord is faithful when I am not...and that He is so rich in mercy.  Instead of pouring out His righteous wrath upon me the sinner, He was pleased to punish His only son instead for all those who repent and put their faith and trust in Him alone.    How amazing, how humbling, how incredibly life changing that should be each and every day.  The gospel truth does make my heart soar as I meditate on it.  His word  is the key to enduring joy in the face of trials of many kinds.  Nothing is as sufficient as His word, but this is a powerful video that illustrates this beautiful truth.

5 comments:

  1. You are a blessing!! Your canvas is gorgeous! Love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and Amen! Beautiful altered art (love those colors and the detail) and lovely message! You are an encouragement and a blessing, Marsha!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful piece of art Marsha and I love your message. Thank you for sharing your heart. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!!! And the canvas is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your canvas is gorgeous, Marsha! A beautiful piece of art. Knowing the meaning behind it makes it even more special. God bless you. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete