Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

His....

This is the last project that I have already made to post...so I am hoping to get back into the craft room soon!  I don't know about you, but for me I have times where it flows and I try to maximize on it because there are plenty of times where I don't have the time or necessarily desire...!  This girl was kind of the culmination of the series of canvases I have done both for friends and as a reflection of my own life/heart.  This genteel lady speaks to me in that I have not always felt so soft and feminine and have been challenged in my ideas of womanhood by culture, the sinful nature of others and my own wretchedness. In spite of all this the Lord has  been rich in mercy and has preserved me from giving over to hardening my heart to His beautiful truths. I have often longed for an era of times past when femininity seemed more celebrated...thinking that somehow it was easier.  The truth is that the fall has affected all of creation and there will always be challenges and obstacles to living in the center of the perfect sovereign will of God.  That is the way of it, but He is mighty to save and able to preserve those who are His own.  Strength and beauty have a definition that transcends culture and compromise...it has Biblical foundations that are powerful and timeless and flow only from the Lord.  Thank you for taking the time to look at my canvas and read my post.  I sincerely pray that you too can know the peace that comes from belonging to the most high God!

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, the message and art. Thank you for sharing. Did you draw the lady?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful message to go along with a beautiful piece of art. Marsha, your artwork is inspiring! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! May He give us the grace to turn our backs on the world and live as the women He has created us to be. . .to be helpmeets and cherished companions to our husbands, to love our children and raise them in the fear and admonition of the Lord, to encourage one another toward godliness and to help the young and old alike as we journey toward our heavenly home!! What a beautiful, beautiful canvas ~ love the softness, the pink, the tranquility. Your post is so encouraging and may you find your joy and strength in Him, dear sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marsha, I do know the peace that you speak of, which makes us sisters in Christ. Your work is beautiful, I just love the "new" style you have. At least I think it's different from what you used to do. I love the post as well, spoken from the heart of a child of God. Blessings to you my friend. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marsha I am with Natalie! A wonderful message to go along with a beautiful canvas. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete