Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Friday, November 25, 2011

For Everything a Season

I have spent this week preparing for and enjoying a quiet Thanksgiving celebration with my husband and son.  It turned out quite nicely and we even got the Christmas tree up and decorated.  My son hung the ornaments while we supervised and sipped coffee!  I am very thankful to have him with me this year...I didn't even put up a tree the last two years because of separation, traveling and such.  There are holidays that are chaotic and noisy and then there are the ones that are the quiet and serene.  Change has been the only constant in my life for as long as I can remember...the traditions that many hold so dear are lost on me.  I have and am still learning to just be in the moment that God has orchestrated for me.  There is truly a time and season for everything and surrender to the absolute sovereignty of God brings a peace that surpasses the circumstances. I find myself more and more grateful for the hardest things in my life because they are the tools that He has used for my good and His glory.  It has not been that many years ago that I laid down flat on my back in the pouring rain and prayed for death...God is amazing not only in His grace to save, but in the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit to sanctify a wretch like me.  We had a great sermon last week about maturing in the faith...it is my prayer to never stop allowing Him to bring me more and more into the likeness of Christ through both blessings and trials of many kinds.  These days I am thankful for each one as it comes and pray for His grace to sustain me until HE decides when it is my time to go.  May you be at peace with God in the Grace of Christ today as well!

9 comments:

  1. Oh Marsha what a beautiful post. I am printing this out and saving it. I am SO thankful that God lifted you from despair and is working in your life. Happy to hear you have a tree up. Thank you for linking this up to Scripture Thursday. You are appreciated and loved. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so taken by your post that I never mentioned your delightful project. I love your work Marsha. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh hun, I agree with Abby, your words are beautiful. Thank you for sharing your heart.

    Your art piece is so pretty, I love the colors. Is that a cardboard bird? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Marsha. . .what a Christ-honoring post! What a testimony as to how the Lord has lifted you from the miry pit to the solid Rock and continues, by His grace, to teach you as He lovingly conforms you to the image of our Lord!! Your canvas is just beautiful! Love the dimension, the warmth, the joy that it radiates!! Blessings and hugs, my dear, dear sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great courage & insight God has blessed you with. The valleys can be such learning experiences and it sounds like you clung to our Lord & came thru-praise the Lord!
    What a great testimony to share.
    Enjoy your precious time with your family. Huggles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your sharing heart!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Marsha....I love how it looks vintage and elegant! So happy you had a great Thanksgiving and got your tree up We put ours up too.....and the girls are now old enough that I could watch THEM put up the village and other hangings! :P

    {sMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marcia how sweet you post is and I love how you share your heart with so many this way. You canvas was another work of art and beautiful just as you are!

    ReplyDelete