Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Faith Hope and Love


 OK, being the timely person I am (not), I am finally posting a project that I made from taking an online  color workshop from Christy Tomlinson a while back. She is completely adorable and fun to watch and has really given me a gift in introducing me to mixed media in an approachable way...LOVE it as she would say ;0).  I used more of the canvases that I scored for $1 as my base...have several more to go before I am out of them (yeah).  I punched a heart shape out of card stock and many many circles of tissue paper individually glued down for the texture.  I used  a SU set in the background along with some of my new favorite textures and finally three different techinques for the center hearts all involving UTEE.  I initially didn't want to use green...but it turned out to be my favorite! Maybe that's as it should be since LOVE is the greatest of these three 1 Corinthians 13:13
Thanks for stopping by and I have several more itemsto p ost in the coming days...now that my interenet is FINALLY working again!!








3 comments:

  1. Marsha, these are beautiful. I love them all. Wow, I can't believe you found canvases for a dollar. I've taken two of Christy's classes, I adore her. She's an awesome teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these, Marsha! I just got some 2.5 x 2.5 mini canvases on easels to make for our ladies ministry Christmas party. I'm going to do a mixed media "thing" on 30 of them to put at each place setting. Yikes! I know, I know, I'm crazy!! I'm hoping I've not bitten off more than I can chew! It's my gift to each of the guests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just beautiful, Marsha! Love the texture! And those ruffles are so cool! WOWOWOW But what is UTEE? :/

    ReplyDelete