Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thankful...

Yesterday I went to my local craft store because I read on their blog that they had some new goodies.  I was not disappointed!  As I chatted with the owner about distress inks, he asked me if I could make a sample for him to display.  This is the tag I made for his store to show the cool background effects these unique inks can make.  I love the rustic look and think it would be a perfect gift tag for a fall thank you gift.  I am very thankful to have the time and resources to play with paper and ink.  I am even more thankful for my loving son and devoted husband. This morning as we were driving to school, my son needed my encouragement.  The Lord used that teachable moment and the words I spoke for his sake,  to pierce MY heart.  Each day is anew opportunity to grow in grace.  I pray that God never stops refining me and that my heart never becomes hardened to repentance, faith and trust in Him alone.  His sovereignty allows all the distressing trials of life to be used for His glory which is a beautiful thing indeed!

4 comments:

  1. Amen (to that last part, Marsha!)

    Your tag is wonderfully rustic!! Love that technique! What a blessing that the Lord opened that door for you. To God be the glory, indeed great things He has done and is doing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I think I'll just copy and paste what Natalie said because it covers about every base! Amen and amen! Beautiful tag, beautiful post, and what a sweet opportunity to encourage your son and be blessed as well! It is a bit like the tag, which went from a plain old ordinary tag, to a work of art, through the distressing trials it underwent in your expert hands. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, now can I just copy and paste what Natalie and Jan said, "Because that says it all." Marcia what a wonderful tag and a wonderful blessing our Lord has given you! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said Marsha, thanks for all that you share here, especially words that come right from your heart. You have a gift and I'm blessed to be on the receiving end. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete