Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

New Stamp Shelf and projects

Here is a (bad) picture of the stamp shelf that my sweet hubby helped me make.  We had to put it on legs because I am not allowed to hang anything in this house.  I am sure that I will rearrange it a few more times before I get it just right...and have my favorite stamps on display so that I will be more likely to use them.  The best part of this is that not only does this make better use of an empty spot, but as we were putting it in place and the rest of my space was in shambles, I was feeling kinda' guilty ...like man, I just have too much craft stuff.   My darlin' hubby was also taking note...and concluded that when we move into military housing, I will have a much more comfortable and functional crafting space...I am OK with that!!   Love that man ;0).  I am very content for now, but do look forward to having some floor and wall space if you know what I mean!  Not to mention a dedicated  table for painting and exploring mixed media  on--one  that I can trash lol!



This is a close up of one of the projects on display in my new shelf....another one of those $1 canvases that I scored at the local craft store.  I shouldn't have told the gals at the checkout what I was going to do with those kiddie paint by the numbers sets...'cause they were GONE fast!   They are a lot of fun to play on just try out new stuff with.  I don't have to worry about too much heartburn if I hate how it turns out...which thankfully was not the case with this one.
This is another little project that I recently made using the cool artistic dwellings dies, dsp and rub ons for.  I used my SU modern label punch for the hinges.  I am really enjoying making more than just cards for a change of pace.  My faith and family are the biggest priorities in my life, but since I have this season of plenty of down time, I am very grateful for this playful and encouraging outlet.  I just  pray that I can continue to develop my skill so that it can also be a blessing to others in some way as well.  Mahalo (thanks) for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. So, so cool! Great way to display your stamps. . .and beautify your corner of the world! Lovely work, Team Fisher! Darling little house/village and love that canvas! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shelf is great Marsha....just like a store...maybe I'll come by and browse! LOL Love your house too...so super cute! Very creative...{SMILEs}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your shelf Marsha and that canvas is beautiful! I must start doing some of that stuff! You are very creative and maybe some of that creativity can rub off on me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shelf is so nice Marsha. I love that card and the houses, very pretty.

    Thanks for visiting with me today! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a really neat idea! Great teamwork. I can see now why I have not got that many stamps - the headache of knowing where to store them! Lovely works of "art" too :) Thanks for sharing.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, where do I begin? So much greatness in one post. Love the shelf-great job to you and hubby. That canvas is gorgeous. I didn't know you were into altered art. You definitely have a knack for it. Lastly the little houses are darling. Loved it all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marsha you must love your new shelf. It looks great and your blue altered art project is just beautiful, thanks for sharing this with us. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card and love the stamp shelf.

    ReplyDelete