Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Blessed Nest Indeed....

 So...this is an 8x8 canvas that I covered with patterned papers and doodling, stamps, paint and you name it!  I took an online class and of course my work doesn't look anything like Christy Tomlinson's...but that's OK with me.  I had a blast and that's why she gets to make money and I spend it...lol!  These bright colors make me happy...and I will have a spot for this canvas soon...I hope to post a picture by Monday of the stamp shelf that my hubby and I built.  It still needs a little paint....






This next project was done on a canvas board that I got from Wal-Mart dirt cheap which is good.  It gave me the nerve to just play!  I love how parts of it turned out and not so much on others...but that's OK too.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  In spite of a terrible head and stomach ache early on, I had a great week with my darling son who was out of school for fall break this week.  I have really enjoyed hanging out with him and was thrilled when I received his mid-term grades.  He's a good egg.   The BEST part of this week was that today I actually found a pair of board shorts that actually fit me...hurray!  Seriously, I have been looking for a year...now I may actually walk down to the beach and swim more often.  The Lord has surely been good to me...I am livin' lovin' and stampin' away the days in Hawaii...how cool is that?  If you need a vacation, I'd love the company ;0)

6 comments:

  1. Marsha, I love your new projects, isn't it fun to branch out a bit and get out of your comfort zone!! I have a 5x7 canvas that is just waiting for me...
    I always need a vacation, but duty calls me here with lots going on at church the next couple of months! Stampin' in Hawaii does indeed sound very cool!!
    Congrats to ds for the good grades!!
    Big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooohhhhhh, these are just gorgeous, my dear! Love that darling little nest with the sweet flowers and the blue bird and all of the lovely texture! And your second is just as much a work of art. . what fun! So thankful you had a great week with your son, just enjoying the time together! Have a blessed Saturday and Lord's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic Marsha! I love the fun playfullness they have....they would look fantastic in my house....I could also send my my address!....LOL....Just saying......

    {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  4. great to see new posts! LOVE your new art & VERY cool that you got to make "sample" for your local craft store!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way Gorgeous are these projects! Now I know I really need to try that canvas thing!!!! You really do some great work Marsha! I must come back here more often!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh lovin those new altered art projects. I may have to CASE your Bless This Nest project as a gift for my daughter & son in law's new home. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete