Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Gracious Glimpses July 2011

Today I am showing my sneak peek of the July Design Team Delight Gallery for CPC themed Retro/Vintage.  Our dear Jan has come up with the new and improved title of Gracious Glimpses....has a nicer ring I think.  Since this is not my usual genre, I began scouring the internet looking for digital images that would fit the bill. I didn't want to invest in new stamps and I wanted to incorporate my simple style. I came across this sweet little girl and couldn't resist her!  She sort of looks like the Morton Salt Girl to me.  At any rate, I broke out my Copics  and Prisma pencils and am really happy with the result.  It's a good thing too because I was recently busted out in front of my dh about the price per marker on these....and I have a bucket full!  It was really good timing to show him just how well they colored ;-D.  I hope to take a class next month so that I can start getting more mileage out of them...shading & light placement etc has never been a strong suit for me, so I am looking forward to that.  The rest of the design team has put together a range of super fun to elegant cards and will be showcasing them all week, so stop over to the creative blog to check out those glimpses too!

4 comments:

  1. This is just the cutest little princess! Definitely reminds me of the Morton Salt girl, especially with your lovely coloring! Love the blue gingham and red flowers! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card Marsha. Thank you so much for stopping by and blessing me :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marsha I just love this card! It is so cute and that little girl, the flowers and the whole card is colored so well. You don't need a class as far as I am concerned. Thanks for inspiring us!

    ReplyDelete