Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Take Flight

I am not generally very good at making cards from a sketch...and this represents my third attempt at this one.  I think it is like everything else, you get better with practice.  I really lean towards CAS, but I enjoy stretching my comfort zone too.  At any rate, I made this for the sketch challenge Tuesday at Christian Paper Crafts.  That is hosted by Gloria Stengal...who is a pretty amazing crafter.  You can check out more of her work here:  http://www.gloriascraps.blogspot.com/
I used some basic SU card stock and a strip of DCWV Mariposa for my layers, some embossing, stamping and here you have it.  Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. This is stunning Marsha!...I can't beliepallve you think you don't do well with sketches...I love it! Great color palette too. {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job on this sketch! My goodness, your card is lovely. I love how you used the butterflies, they really add just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful & elegant...just like it's creator.

    ReplyDelete