Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Friday, December 24, 2010

Peace on Earth

Merry Christmas!  I used a retired SU set for this week's card called Peace on Earth.  I stamped the earth ornament onto water color paper and used Distress Ink with pearl mica powder to color it in (very shimmery irl).  I cut it out and "suspended" it with some silver cord then embellished the atmosphere with some star brads to complement the sentiment.  Hope you like it and are enjoying a blessed day enjoying your family and I pray that you are celebrating the birth of Christ and more importantly that you are at peace with God through repentance and faith in Christ alone.  I used to struggle with saying Peace on Earth because it seems to be anything but peaceful...this year is different.  I want to share a link to a beautiful Christmas song that really blessed me this year and was the inspiration for this card!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7670CXvPX0


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I have this wonderful set and have not used it in ....ages! I love that you made it into an ornament and added the stars in the sky. Have a Blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love how you added the star embellies to the blue sky. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Marsha! Merry Christmas to you and yours! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't seen this set but this card rocks! Hope your holiday was blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool card, love how it looks. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic idea. Love the earth ornament. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. FAB card, love how you put it all together! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is lovely and perfect for Christmas. I took the time to listen to the song and it was beautiful. A great reminder that God is still on the throne and while there may never be actual "Peace" on Earth we can have that Peace in our hearts by accepting His love and forgiveness. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete