Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

BC176 Patriotic

This week's Bloggers Challenge was to create a card with a patriotic theme.  Great timing since this was an election week...which is a great part of this nation even if your candidate did not win.  The freedom to vote is a blessing indeed.  Anyhoo,  I went with the tradition red, white and blue.  I used the stamp sets the Free and the Brave and Service and Sacrifice from Stampin up to create the focal image.  A distressed stripe EF in the background topped with punched stars finish it off.  I really love this Eagle image...it captures much of what makes me love this country and those who serve and protect it.   I KNOW that the other ladies in the Bloggers Challenge group will have some great cards to share (Nikki is a pro at patriotic cards), so be sure to check them out!  Have a happy and safe weekend and please keep our soldiers and their families in your prayers :0).

13 comments:

  1. Great card. Love the eagle image. I agree, what a beautiful image of our strong and wise nation. A nice reminder during election week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Patriotic card, the added texture of the embossing really makes your Eagle image pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the curving stars over the eagle on this! Time to pull out my Service & Sacrifice stamp set again! TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome card. The eagle is wonderful. Love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Patriotic card. Love the Eagle Image and the sentiment is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the strong, bold colors and that eagle image! This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Patriotic card Marcia! Beautiful design and terrific details (especially the background)! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous patriotic card! Love the bold eagle as the focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, I love the texture on the background and the sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic Marsha! I love the stars and the embossed BG {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the arc of stars across the top! Such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fabulous patriotic card!! Love the layout and...oh!, just everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card....I missed this when I wasn't posting, glad I got to see it!

    ReplyDelete