Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Friday, October 8, 2010

October Sketch Challenge


This is my card for this week's Bloggers Sketch Challenge. It is called challenge for a reason...this sketch took a little time to come together for me.  As usual, this is not my first attempt.  I pulled out my cricut earlier this week at my husband's request.  He bought it for me and I haven't used it much.  I could not get the images to cut cleanly at wasted a lot of time trying to make it work anyway.  I am going to buy a new blade for it today and see if that does the trick.  I use SU card stock for all of my basic colors and it is pretty thick.  I tried doing the adjustments, but I think I just don't have a sharp enough blade.  I scratched that one and started over...and I am pretty happy with it.  I am not sure that it is a good representation of the sketch..but I am OK with that!  Thanks for looking and check out all the other creations by the group!

Take 2!
  I loved the first card...sort of.  After looking at all the other ladies' cards I decided that I could represent the sketch a little better, so I gave it a quick facelift!  TFL :-D

20 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I love the butterfly - it came out great. I don't own a cricuit, but I've used one at my local stamp store and they ALWAYS have to cut each thing out twice - it never comes out the first time. I think you are right - it's that nice thick SU paper that makes it hard!
    Also, I love the music note on the side. did you use the SU music wheel or is that DP? Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. Such pretty bg paper and the butterfly looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful card, so beautifully presented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that BG paper and the mix of patterns with the DSP and ribbon! Great card Marsha. {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love the sentiment especially! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is a gorgeous card -- love all the details and layers. The sentiment and the butterfly just work so well together -- nicely done in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling use of color and I love the butterfly as an accent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Marsha! Wonderful mix of colors and I love the polka dots! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it is so pretty, love the way the butterfly turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful!! The butterfly goes along perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Love the sentiment and the colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow- this is so pretty- I love the beautiful sentiment and the wonderful colors. You aced the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! Love the mixture of papers and ribbon! The butterfly is a wonderful detail!! Thank that hubby for making you get the cricut out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card. I like how you framed the ribbon with scallops. It ties in perfectly with the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card, wonderful job with the sketch. The BG papers you used look great with the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How pretty! I really like the butterfly embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It turned out gorgeous, love the butterfly and the ribbons & lace!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful card! I love the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete