Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Personal Updates...

I wanted to put a fall layout on my page, but just couldn't bring myself to do it.  Fall is my favorite time of year...I love the crisp air, apples, falling leaves etc.  It has always been my favorite season and will be one of the things I will miss here in Hawaii.  I decided to focus on the present which is palm trees and sunshine...poor me right? lol.  I want my blog to reflect the beautiful palette of God's creation that I currently enjoy.   My house is almost completely in order and is finally feeling like a home.  Sun rash, contact dermatitis turned staph infection, centipede bite (on my face--while sleeping), jelly fish stings and high humidity with no AC have been just a few of the hurdles that I have been facing.  I am all healed up, and adjusting to the constant sticky feeling!  My son started a private High School after being in special education in the public school system his whole life.  We have had a minimum of 4 hours of homework a night and he is still lagging, but I see improvements every day.  We do have an amazing view from our home and the drive to school for him every day opens up to a panoramic view of the pacific ocean...it takes my breath EVERY time I see it.  For whatever it is worth, the scenery is no comparison to loving friends and church fellowship which we are still waiting for.   I guess this is all a sign of my age...I don't adapt as quickly or as well to changes.  That, and I am losing the battle with gravity...good thing my eyesight is going too (helps not to notice too much)!  At any rate, I am thankful for this internet outlet...it does not replace interaction with people, but sure helps to fill the void.  Thanks for bearing with and reading this post (if you did) and I pray that you have a most blessed day in the Lord!
Soli Deo Gloria

3 comments:

  1. Wow...sounds like you've had some rough run in's (the sun, centipedes, ect...) I'm glad to hear they're all healing up! The centipede one really freaked me out...EEEEK! I'm glad to hear your son is getting settled in school. I hear the public schools are the not the best over there so I'm sureyour happy you were able to do private. As for the adult interation thing...I'm with ya girl! I still don't have any close friends here. I guess I'm too picky when it comes to who I pour my heart out to. It takes alot of trust for me to be my complete self around someone.

    Hang in there and I'm sure you'll find someone you enjoy being around soon. :)

    {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  2. A rough day in paradise is possible, isn't it? Sorry to hear it's not been exactly a smooth transition. Having not moved households farther than 20 miles or so one direction or another, I can only imagine how difficult it could be - the miles away from friends/family, the new climate, & on & on...Hang in there. I'll be sure to post some fall-scenes from my back door so you don't miss the change of leaves at least!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right about move and change when you are older, even though in my book I think that you are still hip and young! :)
    I pray that you will very soon find a church and good fellowship. How about PWOC there?
    Praying for you my friend!

    ReplyDelete