Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Tropical Fathers Day

I am finally excited about our move to Hawaii....must have something to do with the fact that we have a house lined up that is not only in our budget, but has a gorgeous view AND a pool!  God is so good to us...MUCH better than I deserve.  This card is for my father-in-law and will hopefully get him in the tropical mood to come for a visit when we are settled!  I used always artichoke, kraft and dusty durango as my color combo in this card.   I pray that you all have a wonderful day celebrating your father next weekend--alive or not and even for those who are less than ideal.  I thank God for my earthly father even though he has long since passed...he brought me here and left me a legacy of his Godly example and I look forward to one day seeing him again.  Blessings to you all and thanks for stopping by! 

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful card- love the colors- and what a lovely write up! Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally tropical look to this card. I never thought to put those two colors together - thanks for that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I don't know about your father-in-law, but it put me in the mood to visit. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done Marsha! Love the tropical feel of your card! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure would put me in the mood to visit! Wonderful color combination, great dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are blessed, what a beautiful place to live...your card gives a fresh green view to life.
    Great job and TFS
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, I would definitely visit you if you sent me this card! It wouldn't take much to get me there :-) Safe travels with your move.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card - Love it!!!! I am happy for you and the successful house hunt. But I can't believe that you are leaving already too.... It's going to be very lonely at our downline meetings without you, Nikki and Christy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks great - and WOW, what a move you have in store! Travel safely. I'll look forward to keeping up with your blog no matter where you are!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...this is stunning Marsha! Love the pop of red....perfect masculine card! Such GREAT news about your house...so glad you found something fabulous! Safe travels and luv ya girl! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card. I have that set and have never used it (I know, I've got to get with the program). Love the colors, warm and inviting.
    Beautiful post as well. Lucky you to be moving to Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great card, so you are moving...wow, to a special place too! Enjoyed the read.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this tropical father's day card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can totally believe why you are inspired for such a fantastic card!!! Wonderfully done...he will love it! Blessings on your move..you are right...Soli Deo Gloria!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card.....has a fabulous tropical feel to it. It's a terrific Father's Day card!!

    ReplyDelete