Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Liberty

Red, White and Blue were the colors for this week's Blogger's Challenge card.  I chose Bravo Burgandy, Night of Navy and Whisper White as my colors.  These darker shades are used in much of the patriotic decor here on Ft Benng, so I thought I would tribute that.  I wanted to do a not quite so literal interpretation of the flag, so I stamped tone on tone stars in the background, and used my fun rick-rack punch to create the "stripes".  I enjoyed making this card and I hope you like it. I pray that you and your families enjoy a fun and safe holiday weekend while remembering the fallen soldiers who paved the way in blood for the freedoms we all hold dear.  I thank God for our liberty and for His love!  Thanks for stopping by :-D

16 comments:

  1. Ohhh this is DELIGHTFUL perfect for the holiday! Happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Love the ric-rack punch stripes and the sentiment is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute! I wouldn't have thought to deepen the colors and I love it with this sentiment! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. The sentiment is so moving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, love the use of the zig zag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful- love the sentiment and love the idea of the ric rac accents and the colors you used are great! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful look with those colors and the rick rack background! Beautiful card! Happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely Marsha! Your background turned out wonderfully and I really like the burgandy! Happy Memorial Day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the deep colors and the ric rac stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, luv the rick rack effect and the darker colors you used. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful, what great colors and the rick rack stripes are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you went for a bit darker shades then so many of the rest of us did. Great job Marsha--don't you just love those words--I know I do! Hugs, Nola

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the ric-rack...very cool sentiment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great colors for this challenge! Not your ordinary red/blues. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the zig zag design! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the colors, and the rick rack! Great card. Good luck on your move! How exciting.

    ReplyDelete