Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Friday, April 30, 2010

Blogger's Challenge 149

Happy Friday! Today's challenge was embossing of any kind...so I chose to do two kinds on my card.  The background was made with an impressibilities templated that I inked up in a soft yellow.  I backed it with black and adhered it to a So Saffron card base.  I embellished the front with some butterflies (heat embossed and colored), nestability tag/ribbon and sentiment.  I don't love the butterfly placement...but there was some smudged ink that had to be covered up!!
I'm so glad to be a part of this challenge group...I need to motivation to create something lately.  Not to mention, this is one talented group of ladies :-).
Thanks for looking and check out the other challenge cards on the link at the right.

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful- I love the subtle color on the background. LOL I love the placement of the butterflies- looks great! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classy Black & White card! The subtle embossing looks wonderful under the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the light yellow highlights on the embossing. It gives an elegant look to the card. The butterflies look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous color combination on this card and absolutely cracks me up about the smudge, I do that all too often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love black and white as a color combo. So striking, especially the butterflies and the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty. I love the soft yellow paired with the black.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous artwork, beautifully created!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Marsha...love the BG and the butterflies look gorgeousup against the soft BG! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card. Great minds think alike!! I also did 3 butterflies on an embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! The embossed background looks lovely with the butterflies floating over it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So soft and pretty...the background almost looks velvety! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! I love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty and elegant Marsha! Your butterflies are so striking! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is REALLY prettty--love the 2 types of embossing you did for us. Glad you are part of the group, Nola

    ReplyDelete