Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Not your traditional Easter card....

Today's card is for the  Blogger's Challenge "Think Spring".  I stand by that because nothing says spring like Easter...even though I know that these are unorthodox colors!  It just kinda' went that way...it wasn't the original plan, but then again most of my cards aren't!  I embossed my flowers and used re-inkers to color them, cut them out and popped them up on diminsionals.  I added a little glitter to the stems for more bling, rhinestones and shimmer mist on the embossed black paper.  So, this may not traditional easter colors...but I hope you like all the shimmery, glittery, blingy and definitely girlie feel--I do!
Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Marsha....it has a really exotic feel to it...that pink really pops against the black! Tell Chip I saw good luck with his surgery today and you both are in my thoughts! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty! Love that you chose black to go with the pink...so vibrant! Hope all goes well with your DH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, love those colors together and the flower is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning - the black really makes your images pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! The bright pinks and the black go so well together.
    Hope your hubby's surgery went well and he heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovin your shades on this card...one of my fav sets the flower you used..
    Beautiful job coloring the images...your creation makes me feel like spring.
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, colors are nice for Spring. Like the glitz too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is stunning! Love the crisp look...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pretty vibrant colors you used. Love the BG you used to take the picture- love the black BG. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...love the POP of color on this card! Hope all went well with the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What is traditional anyway? This is much more interesting. I love the die cut shape behind the flowers, it adds so much interest to your blooming focal point! Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not sure that I've ever used that lily, but I LOVE what you have done with it!! Traditional? Who needs traditional?!! This works perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those bright flowers....especially on the black background. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! These flowers are so eye-catching. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is very pretty Marsha! The black really makes the pinks pop! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhh I love the pink and black! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this, strikingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete