Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Love Grows

This is my submission for today's Blogger Challenge--Valentine's theme.  I used Real Red for the card base and some patterned paper left over from Christmas as my background.  Then I used a Lizzie Ann stamp inked up in Real Red and covered with grass from a MS punch.  I added dimension with these cute button hearts and embroidery thread.  I finished it with a sentiment from Gina K on a nestability tag tied off with cool new ribbon I picked up at JoAnn's yesterday.  This is my favorite kind of card...one that utilizes elements from ALL of the great stuff I have accumulated.  I was a little stressed to try and come up with something different after seeing tons of beautiful Valentines cards all over the net.  I am happy with the end result and hope you like it too!  Thanks for looking and Happy Valentines Day!

13 comments:

  1. This is fantastic Marsha! LOVE the heart flowers....very cute...those buttons add an extra "punch" too! Toooo cute!

    {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this! I like the grass, the label but especially the heart button flowers!!! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect choice of stamps and matching DSP..both so bold yet matching perfectly...wow
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable! Love your button flowers! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is lovely. I really like how you created your little garden of hearts. It's just wonderful and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card- fun hearts and flower garden! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great design! I love that heart grass image! Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love this card and image and those heart shaped buttons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just so cute!, and vibrant! Lovely card GF

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Great use of the Christmas DP--perfect with the button hearts too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely darling Marsha! I love the buttons! Such a terrific detail! Well done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your testimony under your profile! I agree life is BETTER after 40! LOL Love your card and how you added the buttons! GREAT CARD!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet! Love the addition of the heart buttons.

    ReplyDelete