Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Happiness

This card is a compilation of about 4 stamps sets and multiple mess ups! I had the desire to stamp something with lavender...so I started playing with layering a meadow scene.  It was working fine until one of the stamps I used had not been cleaned from its last use...and the yellow did not look so nice.  I was going to just toss the piece away and chalk it up to practice..then I noticed there was a yellow and purple color challenge out in blog land.  I thought I can salvage this piece!  I bravely cut the image down and stamped a sentiment on top...which smudged.  I decided that I could cover that with a butterfly in flight and make it look intentional.  OK, now a little bling...why not add a little more yellow to ensure that I am on target with the challenge.  I am not usually a fan of what I consider to be "floating" borders, but I see them all the time so I went for it.  I decided to quit at that point because I couldn't place ribbon in any way that I thought added to the card.  I was happy to be able to  use this image and I logged on to the challenge only to realize that there was a sketch involved also. I get a chuckle from myself when I realize how hard I have worked on something only to realize I completely misunderstood the challenge.  That has happened more often that I will admit ;-).  Hope you like my blooper meadow card.

1 comment:

  1. I think your card is truly marvelous!!!! Some of my best work has stemmed from "oops" and "mistakes". I think it only challenges us to come up with new techniques to fix the card, only to have it look BETTER than we originally intended!!

    Sorry this didn't work for the challenge, but I really love it!!!

    ReplyDelete