Phillipians 3:14

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Refuge & Strength





Today's card was made for the Christian Paper Crafts Bible Verse Thursday challenge to use any thing with Doves.  I immediately thought of the dove sent from Heaven to rest on Jesus' shoulder immediately following His baptism....and how because of His obedience unto death we have the indwelling Holy Spirit to guide, comfort and strenthen us in our daily walk with the Lord.  I even wanted to depart from my normal bright and girly style because there is nothing cute about the crucifixion of Christ....but the depth of love demonstrated there is beauty beyond compare. 
I used the soot technique on glossy white card stock and cut out the main image with a deckled edge nestability.  Then layered with sarhara sand, basic black onto a sahara sand base stamped randomly  with the inside verse.  A punched dove popped on top with a glue dot to finish.  The inside was stamped with Sarah Sand and the verse with Black.
I CAN make a masculine card....my husband loved it!  Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment